Empowerment

Empowerment

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ready For the First Woman From History to Be Highlighted?

For months now I have been planning on writing posts about real women who have power. Most people today when they think of power, think of someone in a position of power, a CEO of a major corporation, a political leader, etc. For me when I say power I mean it as it appears in the dictionary, "the ability to do something or act in a particular way, especially as a faculty or quality." The second definition, "the capacity or ability to direct or influence the behavior of others or the course of events." Throughout history and today in the present there are so many examples of women who have proven that they are powerful. They were not powerful political leaders, in fact most of them were everyday women, just like you and I, who gathered up the power that they have within them and did something amazing. In an earlier post I discussed this in more depth and what it means to me. 

My first woman with power is a woman named Irena Sendler.

No comments:

Post a Comment