Empowerment

Empowerment

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Lead "Like a Girl"

During a Google search today about empowering women, I came across this post, Lead "Like a Girl", from Forbes. I was hoping for a healthy discussion happening in the comment section, however I was disappointed. Although it says that the article has had almost 7,000 views, there is only one comment on the article.

I appreciated the fact that a site as large as Forbes had posted an article such as this, I felt that for such a well known publication it wasn't terribly well written. Yes, it had great points, but it wasn't terribly moving or inspiring. I did especially like the three points the author made about what a woman can do to propel herself forward. The author says women should do these three things: be yourself, trust your instincts, and embrace mistakes.



I think those three pieces of advice are wonderful, not just for women looking to propel themselves forward, but for anyone, at anytime. You should always be yourself, it is someone that no one else can be. Trusting your instincts is usually the way to go, although I am sure we have all had those moments where you have to ignore your instincts. Finally, embracing your mistakes is something that I am sure we can all be reminded to do. So often we either deny the fact that we have made a mistake, or beat ourselves up over the mistakes we have made. We all make mistakes, it is okay to make mistakes, it means you are doing something and trying something new. So embrace those mistakes! Learn from them! Don't be afraid of the mistakes you have made and will make in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment